Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Blue Devils, Say What!?

Since I am a Tennessee Girl, born and raised, that automatically makes me a VOLS Fan. Don't ask me why, or why it is that way, it just is. However, something seemed to change about 6 or 7 months ago. You see, I met this boy...Yes, a wonderful, handsome, funny, smart, athletic, handsome, Godly Boy. And he kinda stole my heart. (Cue the Ahhhh's) Anyway, he just so happens to be from the state next door, North Carolina. He was born and raised there and that happens to make him a DUKE fan. Now, don't get me wrong, I am not an avid sports fan, but I do enjoy a good game and somewhat understand the rules of most of the games. My younger brother aquired ALL of the athletic genes in the family, so I'll just stick to dating an athelete.
So, If you are keeping score, you can see that a VOLS fan and a DUKE fan don't seem to mix, especially since they are apart of two different conferences. (ACC and SEC) BUT, since I am such a wonderful girlfriend, I agreed that on my trip this weekend, Colby and I could visit the DUKE Campus.
The Famous Basketball Stadium
To my belief, It was sooo cool. The campus was beautiful. All of the buildings were made from stone, it added so much charm to the Blue Devil Nation. Part of our tour included a trip to the Bookstore where I did purchase my very own Duke Tshirt. (I think Colby was very excited) Admist all of the people on the campus for Graduation, Tennis, and a Lacrosse Tournament, the weather provied extra smiles for our tour.

I admit, I was very impressed with the Duke campus and I enjoyed, a little too much, watching my man explain where and what things were. We may have to go back in the future and watch a little Basketball in the Cameron Indoor Stadium!!!! (Hint Hint)

I guess because I was such a good sport, I was treated to a little shopping at the world's BEST shopping center/outdoor mall. Seriously, talk about making a girl drool...heaven. Just as always, I am looking forward to going back to North Carolina soon!

Southpoint Shopping Center in Durham, NC

No comments:

Post a Comment